Get Ideas for Fill in the Love® Book
A FEW FILL-IN POINTERS:Printable Version (Click to Download)
- People crave specifics. They want to be told, in precise detail, why they are the bees’ knees. So if you’re not a poet, or even a good speller, don’t sweat it! Just be real—and specific.
- Remember, seemingly banal choices can be surprisingly moving.
- Write your fill-ins using a pencil at first, or on a separate piece of paper. It’s less pressure. And if you get stuck, feel free to scribble out and rewrite any prompt that’s giving you trouble.
SPECIFICS TO CONSIDER:
- Unexpected physical attributes (fingers, voice, scent)
- Little things you secretly enjoy (the way they brush their hair, sneeze, or twitch in their sleep)
- Qualities you admire that the person may be unaware of (an adventurous palate, an ability to apologize, a facility with power tools)
- Positive ways this person has affected you (teaching you to sew, helping you deal, upping your Scrabble game)
OH, AND ALSO:
- Don’t overthink it.
- Don't be hard on yourself.
- Just relax.
- They're going to love it.
See all Fill in the Love® Books